Re: RARA-AVIS: Richard Prather

michael david sharp (msharp@umich.edu)
Sat, 2 May 1998 16:15:01 -0400 (EDT) Can someone explain the appeal of Prather. I don't mean to assault
anyone's taste, but I have never been able to get more than few pages in
to a Prather novel. Hackneyed, wooden, generally terrible writing . . .
does he take a while to warm up or what? Are Shell Scotts better than
non-series novels?

Michael D. Sharp Email: msharp@umich.edu
Department of English Lang. and Lit. Phone: (313) 761-8776
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor Fax: (313) 763-3128

#