Re: RARA-AVIS: Day KeeneUNI-BOOKS

Dixon H Chandler (dchandle@mailer.fsu.edu)
Sun, 21 Dec 1997 11:35:53 -0500 (EST) Michael wrote:

> ps I have a Unibook version of Keene's So Dead My Lovely. What the hell
> kind of low rent press was this? Really ugly, unappealing cover.

Can't help you with the list of Keene's stories, sorry--I wish! looking
forward to seeing _your_ list, in fact.

As to the Uni Books, tho . . . they're generally all pretty ho-hum, aren't
they? I haven't seen very many, and most of the earlier ones in the
series are photo covers. The series, as far as I know, was digest-sized
throughout its run. However, I don't know the number of the Keene book
you mentioned. Could you please let me know?

I haven't seen many copies about, probably because of the odd size, but
the ones I have seen aren't generally priced unreasonably. Usually $15
for a perfect copy. There's a single Whittington in the run--#58,
_Cracker Girl_, which goes for around $30, and #49, _Reefer Club_ usually
goes for more too.

-dc

--
"After all, what the hell?"     --Dan Turner        dchandle@mailer.fsu.edu