RE: RARA-AVIS: the black bird

Levin, Doug (DLEVIN@DIRECTIMPACT.COM)
Fri, 5 Dec 1997 09:59:37 -0500 With reference to Prof. Zackel on Joel Cairo:
The literary geneology seems plausible, though I would be interested in
hearing about such figures from popular and more contemporaneous
literature. Also, Cairo, if I remember correctly, is referrred to as a
figure from "the Levant." American attitudes toward this region might
illuminate Cairo as well (perhaps along the lines of Edward Said's
"orientalism" or some such).

Doug Levin

#