RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: John's Grill/San Francisco

Gilbert, Len (lgilbert@inpower.com)
Tue, 2 Dec 1997 16:23:43 -0800 The tour has been on my list for a time. A book version by Don Heron is
available from City Lights (http://www.citylights.com/). The walking
tour doesn't run in the Winter (I think it's May to October) so maybe
May would work. SF Mystery books is cool and maybe arrange to be there
for a signing? Ellroy comes through occasionally for readings/signings
at A Clean, Well Lighted Place for Books and Stacey's. Is Pronzini still
in the area?

Other Hardboiled attractions could include some of the stops in Jim
Nisbet's "The Damned Don't Die" or the Flood building. Maybe see a Noir
flick at the Castro or Roxie, schedule permitting.

--Len in SF

#