RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS Digest V2 #117

E J M Duggan (eddie.duggan@suffolk.ac.uk)
Tue, 02 Dec 1997 01:15:24 -0800 On Mon, 1 Dec 1997 kharper@bgnet.bgsu.edu (K. Harper) wrote:

[SNIP]
> This nothing-to-lose attitude is one reason the Baumes Law was
> eventually repealed.

Wasn't this recently re-introduced by a saxophonist with a bent willy?

ED

btw, Kathy, thanks for the informative post.
I was at a book fair at the week-end and saw an enticing-looking
dictionary of Slang & Underworld Argot (Partridge? Can't quite recall)
Anyway, I looked up Baume's rush -- no dice. At 25 beer-tokens I
decided the tome was somewhat over-priced and left it on the stand.
(I did pick up the _Playback_ screenplay though).