Re: RARA-AVIS: Cimarron Rose

James Rogers (jetan@ionet.net)
Thu, 9 Oct 1997 22:42:37 -0500 (CDT) At 10:09 PM 10/9/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Having read several good comments on this list and elsewhere about James
>Lee Burke's latest novel _Cimarron Rose_, I decided to give it a try. I
>made it about 50 pages before I gave up.

I also gave up hope on the "Burke" books....fer
starters, they ain't really harboiled and fer seconds they read as more
cartoony versions of Travis McGee and Doc Savage....they are fun until you
get the basic idea and then they are just the same chinese meal repeated as
long as your wallet holds out.

James

#