[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RARA-AVIS: Raymond Chandler Bibliography

> Greetings:
>
> I have a copy of Red Wind, "first printing March 1946", tower books
> edition, published by the World Publishing Company of Cleveland, Ohio.  I
> thought Knopf published Chandler throughout his career.  Is this a book
> club editon?
Not a B/C, and for future reference...

Here you go:

Raymond Chandler First Editions:

The Big Sleep, 1939. Knopf
Farewell, My Lovely, 1940. Knopf
The High Window, 1942. Knopf
The Lady in the Lake, 1943. Knopf
Five Murderers, 1944. Avon
Five Sinister Characters, 1945. Avon
Finger Man, 1947. Avon
The Little Sister, 1949. Hamish Hamilton
The Simple Art of Murder, 1950. Houghton Mifflin
The Long Goodbye, 1953. Hamish Hamilton
Playback, 1958. Hamish Hamilton
Raymond Chandler on Writing,1962. I don't know, Some sort of Promo
pamphlet. Was never for sale.Houghton Mifflin???
Raymond Chandler Speaking, 1962. Hamish Hamilton
Killer in the Rain, 1964. Hamish Hamilton
Chandler Before Marlowe, 1973. South Carolina Press
Blue Dahlia, 1976. Southern Illinois University Press
The Notebooks of Raymond Chandler, 1976. Ecco press

Raymond Chandler Collections:
(No first book material except for "The Pencil" in The Smell of Fear)

RC's Mystery Omnibus, 1944. Forum Books (World Pubs)
Red Wind, 1946. Tower (World Pubs)
Spanish Blood, 1946. Tower (World Pubs)
Trouble is My Business, 1950. Penguin
Pick-Up On Noon Street, 1952. Pocket
Raymond Chandler Omnibus, 1953. Hamish Hamilton
Smart Aleck Kill, 1953. Hamish Hamilton
Pearls are a Nuisance, 1958. Hamish Hamilton
Second Chandler Omnibus,1962. Hamish Hamilton
Raymond Chandler Omnibus, 1964. Knopf
The Smell of Fear,1965. Hamish Hamilton
Midnight Raymond Chandler, 1971. Houghton Mifflin
Octopus Chandler, 1977. Heinemann
James Mountain, Bookseller
Specializing in Mystery & Detective Fiction

Po Box 693
Qualicum Beach, B.C.
Canada, V9K 1T2
PH:(250) 752-4658 (PST)
e-mail:cheryl-james@bcsupernet.com
http://WWW.abebooks.com/home/GRENDEL/

TERMS: All books subject to prior sale. Please e-mail to reserve.
All prices in U.S. dollars.
Dealer's trade courtesies extended.
Postage: In North America; $4,00 for first book, $1.00 each extra book. Overseas shipments will be billed at cost.
Any item, for any reason, may be returned within three weeks of receipt.
-
# to majordomo@icomm.ca

[Archives] | [RARA-AVIS]