[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RARA-AVIS: Group Reading: Adjudication wanted

e j m duggan wrote:

> It seems to me that some consensus is emerging on the Group Reading
> proposal:
>
> Chandler's 'Red Wind'
> Jack & Pronzini eds _Hard Boiled_

My local library has HARD-BOILED, so I can get this, and I still have
some of the photocopies of "Red Wind" I passed out to my hard-boiled
book discussion I led at the library a couple of years ago. I like the
idea of reading the HARD-BOILED stories and discussing the authors, for
our beginning at this. We can go for novel-length books next, perhaps.

> What we need is a decision on what to read first, and when to read it.

Let's read HARD-BOILED in order, perhaps?

> We also need, I'd suggest, to agree some boundaries (time-wise) on when to
> post our responses.

Let's just do one a week. If someone wants to bring up a story discussed
several weeks previous I see no problem with that. It will be a
free-wheeling discussion, anyway. I don't think we need to worry about a
strict closing date. People might well want to compare/contrast a
variety of works.

Can't wait to get started!

Best wishes,

Richard King