[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RARA-AVIS: Re: ? 'outrageous demands....held hostage'

TO  Mr Douglas Greene
CC  RARA-AVIS, biblioMANIA, Booktalk

on 6 may, i responded to the following snivel:

> If it were only that simple.  Public institutions like a university
> research library must answer to the demands of faculty, students, and
> the general public, all of whom demand (rightly) that we collect
> material necessary for their studies.  Rare books and special
> collections departments are held hostage by dealers who justify their
> outrageous prices with just such "arguements" as James'.  A private
> collector can "just say no" to high prices; a library doesn't always
> have that luxury.

which i, mistakenly attributed to douglas greene.  to mr greene & all other
innocent readers who were subjected to my inability ot sort through the the
various >>::>:><<>: and find the *real* perpetrator, i offer my sincere
apologies for my mis-attribution.

 TO Mr James Stephenson, a.k.a.

> James Stephenson
> Rare Books & Special Collections Cataloger
> University of Maryland at College Park
> Email: js272@umail.umd.edu

may i refer you to my response of 6 may.

best regards,
bob sikes
<bsikes@wcnet.net>

-