[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RARA-AVIS: Group Reading

I think that this is a fantastic idea! The reading would be varied and
new tastes derived. Here's a few more authors:

Andrew Vachss (very hardboiled!!)
Mickey Spillane  (you knew that was coming!)
Gary Lovisi
Stephen Solimita

Also, I would like to extend the offer of making a section on my page
(if Bill has no problem with it and if you people would like to do it )
that will contain a book review of each book that we process.
It will give future list members a chance to catch up and they could
also see which one(s)  they would like to start off with. Good idea??

>--One of our goals should be variety--no more than one or two books by
>the same author.  There's so much out there!
>josh

I agree with Josh. There's alot of material out there and if one
(or a few ) authors eventually come out as the creme de la creme'
then we could process the whole series (as long as it is not an
extremely long series. That might bog down the list. We could
just spilt up into small groups and do it while still reading the
list's monthly book. A Spillane fans could do Spillane and still
do the monthly book,  the same with Chandler, etc...)

Anyway, let's get this ball rolling!!!! Let's try to come up with a
book by Monday (or is that too soon?). This way we can start
before the excitement dies (ha ha) down.

Thanks, Paul U.
hardboiled@juno.com
http://www.bayside.net/users/cyberboiled/
"Where hardboiled fiction meets the Internet"
-
# to majordomo@icomm.ca