[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RARA-AVIS: The Glass Key

Michael wrote:
> Maybe we could decide, collectively, to read some work (a story, novel)
> and then discuss it w/ one another here on the list.  I would love to see
> how all of us (very different) people respond to a particular work -- one
> we have all read recently and closely.

Actually, this is a great idea Michael has. I second it! Perhaps we
could set a date that a story or novel must be read by, say one a month
for starters? Then someone will have to come up with something we should
read. Maybe we could start with Chandler's "Red Wind," (this is a short
story) or a classic hard-boiled or noir novel, but getting us all to
agree will be tough. This is a wild list. I'm starting to really like it
a lot! People tend to just say what they think and everyone be damned.
How refreshing!

So, maybe the list manager could draw up a list (maybe from the Hard
Boiled List from the web page, eh?) and run it past us for comments (not
that I'm desiring to add to his work load, but out of courtesy perhaps
this would be the best way to get started). Any more comments about
this?

Best wishes,

Richard King
-