[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RARA-AVIS: To quote or not to quote?

On Thu, 8 May 1997, e j m duggan wrote:

: Bill: is it possible to set up a routine to check for quotes that
: outweighs new material?  I really think there ought to be something
: to help those who can't or won't use restraint (like a bounce
: routine)

Can't be done without some hacking, as far as I know.  Usenet news
servers can do this - and it's a good thing - but mailing lists work
differently.

I heartily agree with Eddie.  Please abide with the usual guidelines:
trim down quoted material as much as you can and keep your lines to
under 80 characters.

Bill
--
William Denton : Toronto, Canada : buff@vex.net : Caveat lector.