[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RARA-AVIS: Debate on book prices

I have paid some decent and expensive (not more than $150) for
some books :
The Return of the Continential Op ($20)
The Adventures of Sam Spade ($40)
(has anyone read either of these 2 books? I still have them on layaway)

For Tomorrow I die (Spillane) ($18 for 1st edition)
For Tomorrow I die (Spillane) (numbered & autographed) ($125)
I was allowed by my local used bookseller to put these items on
layaway. The $125 Spillane book I found out later that I could've
purchased a lettered copy for the same price (1 in 26 instead of
1 of 150). There are several reasons why I bought the above books:
1. I'm big fans of each of these authors and I searched & searched
for these books.
2. Also to support my local bookseller. He has given me speical prices
and put stuff on layaway for me. I've been going to him for the last 10
years
or so, since high school!

So -> both arguments for _THE GLASS KEY_ are correct, depending
on which side of the counter your on.

Let's keep things peaceful around here. I do agree that some books
are overpriced but then again so are the new vehicles! IF you really want
an item whether it's a book, a car or a house you'll purchase it or at
least attempt to find away.

Please DO NOT START SPAMMING ME. I have enough stuff going
on with system crashing, finals, getting married and attempt to
purchase a house. IF you agree or don't let's do it with the
air of discussion rather than in the heat of battle.

-Paul.