[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RARA-AVIS: The Glass Key

> Well, justification hey??? How about: THAT'S WHAT PEOPLE WILL PAY!!!

from a business standpoint, this of course makes sense. Whatever the
market will bear and all that. . . but the problem w/ skyrocketing prices
is the good stuff ends up in the hands of a very select group of people
with a good deal of surplus income, the kind of income Most book lovers
simply don't have. Now, I have Never understood collecting clothbound
books, as most of them are clunky and ugly and the cover art stinks (I'm
talking crime stuff now). But even w/ pbs, which I *do* collect, prices
are *ridiculous* at times.  Who the *hell* is paying $450 for
Willeford/Sanders's *Whip Hand*?  prices may be capitalistically
justifiable, but they are so annoying. No offense to book sellers
intended.  Michael

Michael D. Sharp, Dept. of English, University of Michigan
(msharp@umich.edu)

-
# to majordomo@icomm.ca