[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RARA-AVIS: 'The Maltese Falcon Commission'

I recently came across the following reference:

Frank McAuliffe, 'The Maltese Falcon Commission'

It is apparently the 'Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead' of The Maltese
Falcon: according to my source, Joe Gores, 'The Diabolocal  Chicken', _The
Armchair Detective_ 27 (Spring 1994) 171-173 (172), it is'made up of all
the scenes not shown in Hammett's novel.  In his guise as a crippled
newsie, McAuliffe's antihero Augustus Mandrell takes away Wilmer's .45s and
uses them to shoot Floyd Thursby.  He sets fire to La Paloma and gets the
phoney falcon to Captain Jacobi and ... you get the idea.'

Followers of this list may know that I am researching the various texts of
The Maltese Falcon; I think it would help my project along if I could get
hold of a copy of this item.  If anyone can supply a full reference so I
can track down a copy of McAuliffe's story, or better still, if anyone can
offer me a photocopy, I will be truly grateful.

In hopeful anticipation,

Eddie Duggan
-
# to majordomo@icomm.ca