[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RARA-AVIS: Izzi Books

>While I'm here - can anybody tell me where I can most easily track
>down anything by Eugene Izzi? Books in Print and the bigger general
>Web bookstores don't list him. Seems you cease to exist as a writer
>once you're dead in the US of A. I always thought there was a
>distinction between corporeal body and the Spirit of Literature. But, I
>suppose, the recently defunct are not bankable commodities for future
>product, so why keep the old stuff available? Let's be ... hardboiled
>... about it.
>
>Gordon Collier
>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gordon--I just spent the weekend going through some dealers catalogues and
one of the things I noticed was that there is plenty of Izzi available from
the dealers and even some of the Gaitanos.  The price seemed very
reasonable so I guess his spectacular death has done nothing to drive up
the prices of his books.  Let me know if I can be of any  help locating any
specific titles for you.  I had a chance to see Izzi once at Scotland Yard
in Winnetka, IL, with Wayne Dundee.  Whereas Wayne seemed very blue collar,
humble and laid back, Izzi was into his "I was in the pen" mode and seemed
kind of separate.  Just my impression from the only time I saw him.

-
# to majordomo@icomm.ca

[Archives] | [RARA-AVIS]