[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RARA-AVIS: Day of the Ram

On Thu, 20 Feb 1997, M. Taboada wrote:
> appeared in 1984 - his 1982 novel "The Cana Diversion" won Gault an Edgar
> award for best original paperback, an uncommon achievement for a senior
> writer who had been in semiretirement-and who, as far as I know, is
> still active. Callahan's personal life and traits are carefully integrated

Well, "The Cana Diversion" (Raven House, 1982) did not win an Edgar but an
Shamus from the Private Eye Writer of America.  In this novel, Brock
Callahan investigates the murder of his fellow private detective Joe Puma.
A pity to say that Bill Gault passed away on December 27, 1995.

Sorry I have deleted the obituary of Gault from my web site.

Jiro Kimura