[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RARA-AVIS: Michael Collins/Japanese hardboiled fiction

AHA!  So that's what I've written!  Noir.

I like and agree with the dichotomy (inside/outside) you've
proposed for noir/hardboiled.  The only tricky part is when
the author writes about "mental states/psychology, a sense
of fear, alienation, anxiety, paranoia" in a style that is
"relatively free of affect, clipped, terse, tough."  That's what
I tried to do, and I think "noir" describes it best.

Cordially,

Jerry Silverman
a newbie to this list and enjoying it greatly

-
# to majordomo@icomm.ca