[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RARA-AVIS: "hardboiled"/women authors + Highsmith

 I'm afraid to read the other
>Ripley books for fear he will become tiresome.  Does he keep killing
>people he loves and then assuming their identities? Michael
>
>======================                 =================================
Yes and no.  I strongly recommend the next two installments of the Ripley
series.  They're creepy and are works of genius. But besides the other
Ripley books there are the other magnificent titles:  Strangers on a Train,
The Cry of the Owl, A Dog Ransom, all of them superb.  As one can gather by
now, I am a big fan of her writing.

Tosh Berman
TamTam Books

-