[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RARA-AVIS: Highsmith

Patricia Highsmith is my favorite female writer (regardless of genre),
and one of my favorite crime writers. I would call her cynical rather
than hard-boiled - a distinction that may not be worth much...

In my opinion, everything she wrote is well worth reading. Besides the
Ripley novels, I would highly recommend her "Edith's Diary", which
is not a mystery but a psychological drama guaranteed to scare the
reader to death. There is also "This Sweet Sickness", a harrowing
tale of love gone mad. As far as I know, all her books are in print
in paperback, which is nice (and unusual).

Now somebody should reissue Margaret Millar's work!

Regards,

-
# to majordomo@icomm.ca

[Archives] | [RARA-AVIS]