[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RARA-AVIS: Review: The Mammoth Book of Pulp Fiction

On Thu, 16 Jan 1997, M. Taboada wrote, about _The Mammoth Book of Pulp
Fiction_:

: A thorough, systematic description of the riches contained in this
: self-titled "mammoth" book is out of the question in a brief review;
: I will therefore limit myself to offering a brief commentary on some
: stories that caught my attention - be warned, however, that there
: really isn't a weak story in the lot, and that the book is hard to
: put down once opened!

Thanks for this review, Mario.  I was in my local bookstore today, and
they had this in, so I bought it ($14.95 Canadian).  It looks like a
wonderful collection - I read Willeford's story, about the shoplifter,
and it's a little gem.  My only quibble is that they call it pulp
fiction, and restrict it to hardboiled-type stories.  People seem to
forget the sci-fi pulps, the westerns, the nurse stories, the naughty
sex ones, and all the others.  Regardless, this is a great book, and
it really is mammoth.

Bill
--
William Denton : buff@vex.net     <-- Please note new address.