[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RARA-AVIS: Another new brat and Japanese HB

Jiro Kimura wrote:

>The Gumshoe Site  (http://www.nsknet.or.jp/~jkimura/)

>Yes, I am another new brat on the hardboiled block, currently holing up in
>the Far East.  I have been reading the so-called hardboiled fiction for a
>long time, translating a lot of American hardboiled fiction into Japanese,
>reviewing it for the Japanese readership, and writing some in Japanese.

**>Now, I have opened up my web site, THE GUMSHOE SITE, which is accused of
>leaning too much to the hardboiled fiction.**

This is not an accusation it's more like an award!!!

Anyway, good site serving as a  good map  to find something in the
Crime/Mystert domain on the WEB... and more.

I always wondered if HB was well represented by Japanese writers publishing
in Japanese? I do not think there are many translations...(?)

Could you inform about HB in your country.
>From my very restricted knowledge of modern japanese literature everything
is there to produce real HB (Japanese style. of course)...
The only thing misssing is maybe the public of interested readers?

Maybe I'm wrong?

What about authors having been translated into English.

Thanks for informing us.

E.Borgers
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384/

 Check for WEBORGERS, my website,  at following URL:

   http://www.singnet.com.sg/~etienne/