[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RARA-AVIS: Introduction

On Tue, 14 Jan 1997, Etienne Borgers wrote:

> >I've been utilizing the paradigm of the 'private investigator' or
> >'detective' in my creative visual work. An early favorite was Genet's 'The
> >Erasers,'      **
>  where the detective causes a previously-fictional crime to occur
> >by investigating-it.
>
> I think there is a confusion here. **
> 'Ereasers' is by Alain Robbe-Grillet, French author and theoretician of the
> 'new novel' movement. This book was published in French in 1953 and
> translated into English in 1964.

Quite right! My mistake.

> Robbe-Grillet just used the detective plot as a mean. I  personally do not
> think it's a detective novel in its intention.

Yes. Who else has done this?

--

{ brad brace }  <<<< bbrace@netcom.com >>>>  ~finger for pgp

The 12hr-ISBN-JPEG Project      ftp.netcom.com/pub/bb/bbrace
  continuous hypermodern       ftp.teleport.com/users/bbrace
        photo-art          ftp.pacifier.com/pub/users/bbrace
--
Usenet-news: alt.binaries.pictures.12hr/ a.b.p.fine-art.misc