[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RARA-AVIS: Hardboiled

In a message dated 97-01-12 20:20:40 EST, rgeeland@ALPHA2.CURTIN.EDU.AU
(David Geelan) writes:

> I wondered whether the definition of 'hardboiled' includes some idea of a
>  solo narrator/hero/protagonist as an essential element.

Good question.

<brief interruption while I introduce myself>

My name is Anny Middon.  I joined this list because I love mysteries in
general, and hb in particular; I have no other qualifications.

This may have been answered before, and will doubtless be a FAQ - but what is
the definition of Hardboiled?  I've been calling Sara Paretsky's V. I.
Warshawski books hb for years now.  Am I right in doing so?

Anny
AnnyMiddon@aol.com

-
# to majordomo@icomm.ca