[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RARA-AVIS: Brazilian hb

LoLehmann@aol.com wrote:

> Many south american writers have been published in France in 1996, but I
> haven't read them yet either.

Now that you mention it, there's a Brazilian author called Rubem Fonseca
who's written some short stories and about three novels with some hb
content. I'm not a fan myself, but the two Fonseca books that I've read
( "A Grande Arte"[The Great Art] and "Bufo e[and] Spallanzani- Romance")
are full of knife expertise, a bit of erudition, toads, cold vengeance
and  castration (literally).
There's also a woman called Patricia Mello (apparently a Fonseca
protegee) who wrote two books so far: "Aqua Tofana" (not sure about the
spelling) and "O Matador" [The Killer].

Flavio
-
# to majordomo@icomm.ca