[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RARA-AVIS: AF-Am Pulp/Hardboiled writers

I suppose you already know important writers such as:

Donald Goines
Iceberg Slim
and of course   Chester Himes

I should suggest that you check in the publications of the Black radical US
movements of the sixties and early seventies as well , to find more traces
about their writers.
I cannot give you accurate references as my own material about it is not
with me.

Interesting chapter of US  HB/crime fiction! Often forgotten or overlooked.
Keep us posted about your work.

E.Borgers

>Hi-
>I just subscribed.  I'm Michael Dittman, a grad student at Slippery Rock
>UNiversity (Slippert Rock PA).  I'm thinking of doing my thesis on
>African-American pulp/hardboiled writers.  Anyone know of any scholarly
>material on this?
>Thanks-
>-Dittman
>

>Strange travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God-Vonnegut
>
>-
># RARA-AVIS:  To unsubscribe, say "unsubscribe rara-avis"
># to majordomo@icomm.ca

 Check for WEBORGERS, my website,  at following URL:

   http://www.singnet.com.sg/~etienne/