[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RARA-AVIS: New footage to _The Big Sleep_

I just heard an interview on CBC's As It Happens with a British fellow
who's involved with a new release of Howard Hawks' 1946 movie _The Big
Sleep_ (starring Bogey and Bacall).  18 new minutes of footage were
found (some relating to who killed the chauffeur, although it doesn't
say who) and it's been patched in.  From what he said, it sounds like
it's not going into wide release, but will go on tour around the US
this year, and may show up on TV.  I hope it comes to Canada, I'd love
to see it.

Bill
--
William Denton : buff@vex.net     <-- Please note new address.